As adults with developmental disabilities transition into their retirement years, Golden Opportunity offers a nurturing, supportive environment designed to meet your needs and abilities. Activities include recreation, community outings and light work options.
- Licensed day services provider
- Open Monday through Friday
- Welcoming, home-like environment with comfortable furniture, walls of windows, and work and activity spaces
- Specialized care for dementia and Alzheimer’s
- To support mobility needs, there are hand rails throughout the building and no steps.
- Transportation – contracted through Metro Mobility
- Community Alternatives for Disabled Individuals (CADI) waiver
- Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Private pay
On-site supports and specialized activities
- Dedicated, caring, knowledgeable staff provide a consistent point of contact for each individual, coordinating all activities throughout the day.
- Medication administration, health and dietary management
- Visual communication systems and sensory activities create an energizing environment to reduce anxiety and stimulate the senses.
- Activities are tailored to maintain memory and physical function.
- Contracted speech therapy
- Technology aids including iPads and iPods
- Partnerships with community organizations