Opportunity Partners is a Minnesota non-profit that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities and traumatic brain injuries. We have been loving what we do for 65 years and we serve 2,000 individuals annually! Join the Opportunity Partners team and make a lasting difference in the lives of the people we serve. Earn competitive wages, on the job training, and excellent benefits at one of Minnesota’s most respected social service agencies. Help us #RedefineAbility. Opening Minds. Changing Lives. Together.
Position Title: Work Skills Instructor
Locations/Hours: We currently have positions available at the following locations:
- Bren Road in Minnetonka: Monday-Friday: 7:30am-3:30pm
- Asplin Center in Plymouth: Monday-Friday: 7:30am-3:30pm
- Anoka Service Center in Coon Rapids: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 12:30pm-8:30pm (Part time)
- Koch Campus in Minnetonka: Monday-Friday 7:30am-3:30pm
Compensation: $13.00/hour PLUS $500 hiring bonus!*
Purpose: Opportunity Partners is looking for Work Skills Instructors! In this position, you will organize projects, train/supervise workers, and monitor productivity and quality. You will be supervising an assembly line where adults with disabilities complete jobs and develop their production skills. If you are an enthusiastic and hardworking individual who has a passion for helping others, we are looking for you!
- Knowledge customarily acquired through formal education resulting in a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of valid motor vehicle insurance.
- Education or training in the rehabilitation field preferred.
Other skills we look for:
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to support challenging behaviors in the office and community setting
- Mechanical skills and understanding of equipment operations
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to supervise the work of others
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
Why Opportunity Partners?:
Join our award-winning team where you’ll do life-changing work! As part of a mission-focused nonprofit that values impact, choice, heart and partnership in our community, we will train you for success! As an OP employee, you will earn more than just a paycheck. You will get the chance to make a big impact on your community, while also getting some great perks including:
- $500 hiring bonus!*
- Competitive benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid time off, as well as paid and floating holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- 403(b) retirement savings
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee discounts
- Wellness programs
- Casual dress
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Paid on the job training and orientation
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
*Terms of bonus payout will be discussed during the interview/offer process
Opportunity Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and a welcoming work environment for people of diverse communities.Apply Here