Opportunity Partners is a Minnesota non-profit that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities and traumatic brain injuries. We have been loving what we do for 65 years and we serve 2,000 individuals annually! Join the Opportunity Partners team and make a lasting difference in the lives of the people we serve. Earn competitive wages, on the job training, and excellent benefits at one of Minnesota’s most respected social service agencies. Help us #RedefineAbility. Opening Minds. Changing Lives. Together.
Title: Transportation Assistant
Location/Hours: This position is located at our Golden Opportunities campus in Eden Prairie and is Monday-Friday: Full-time
As a Transportation Assistant based out of our Eden Prairie site, you will drive assigned routes and provide safe transportation for the people that we serve. You will also maintain our vehicles in safe operating conditions, coordinate vehicle maintenance as needed, and provide staff training on safe vehicle use.
What Skills You Will Bring to the Team:
- Valid driver’s license and proof of valid vehicle insurance.
- Ability to drive a variety of vehicles, including a 12 passenger van.
- Ability to pass D.O.T physical
- Driving record must meet the standards of Opportunity Partner’s auto insurance carrier’s policy.
- Communication skills, both oral and written.
- Basic computer skills, including applications such as Microsoft Suite and email.
- Technology aptitude.
- Ability to meet time commitments.
- Ability to work under pressure and react quickly in emergency situations.
- The ability to instruct others
- Organizational skills
- The ability to perform within a team framework.
- Working knowledge or ability to learn behavior management techniques.
- Ability to work independently within a defined set of policies, procedures and guidelines
Why Opportunity Partners?:
Join our award-winning team where you’ll do life-changing work! As part of a mission-focused nonprofit that values impact, choice, heart and partnership in our community, we will train you for success! As an OP employee, you will earn more than just a paycheck. You will get the chance to make a big impact on your community, while also getting some great perks including:
- Competitive benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid time off, as well as paid and floating holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- Retirement savings
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee discounts
- Wellness programs
- Casual dress
- Paid orientation and on the job training
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
Opportunity Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and a welcoming work environment for people of diverse communities.Apply Here!