For more information text the word “Support Instructor- Minnetonka” to (952) 222-7509
Position Title: Support Instructor
Hours: M-F; Full Time
Locations: See openings below:
- Bren Rd. Service Center in Minnetonka: Monday-Friday: 7:45am-3:45pm
Your Day to Day:
As a Support Instructor at our day program, you will:
- Assist a group of adults with disabilities throughout their day
- escort throughout the building
- assist during meal times
- act as a “runner” and responding to requests
- help with attendance
- Provide supervision and assistance to the people we support on the production floor
- organize work stations
- provide training and instruction on how to perform work duties
- Assist people served in meeting their goals
- Identify growth areas
- Provide role modeling of desired skills and behaviors
- Provide written documentation on attendance and progress
- If you are an enthusiastic and creative individual who has a passion for helping others, we are looking for you!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of valid motor vehicle insurance.
- Education or training in the rehabilitation field preferred.
Other skills we look for:
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Enthusiastic and caring
- Ability to manage challenging behaviors in the office and community setting
- Ability to relate to a wide variety of people
- Positive and professional rapport
Who we are:
Opportunity Partners is a Minnesota non-profit that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities and traumatic brain injuries. We have been loving what we do for over 65 years and we serve 2,000 individuals annually! Join the Opportunity Partners team and make a lasting difference in the lives of the people we serve. Earn competitive wages, on the job training, and excellent benefits at one of Minnesota’s most respected social service agencies. Help us #RedefineAbility. Opening Minds. Changing Lives. Together.
Why Opportunity Partners?:
Join our award-winning team where you’ll do life-changing work! As part of a mission-focused nonprofit that values impact, choice, heart and partnership in our community, we will train you for success! As an OP employee, you will earn more than just a paycheck. You will get the chance to make a big impact on your community, while also getting some great perks including:
- Competitive benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid time off, as well as paid and floating holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- Retirement savings
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee discounts
- Wellness programs
- Casual dress
- Bring your pet to work (depending on location)!
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Paid on the job training and orientation
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
Opportunity Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and a welcoming work environment for people of diverse communities.
To apply for this position, click the button below to email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line“Support Instructor- Minnetonka” or text the words “Support Instructor- Minnetonka” to 952-222-7509. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now
*Please indicate the position you are interested in and include your resume with your email application