Opportunity Partners is a Minnesota non-profit that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities. We have been loving what we do for 65 years and we serve 2,000 individuals annually! Join the Opportunity Partners team and make a lasting difference in the lives of the people we serve. Earn competitive wages, on the job training, and excellent benefits at one of Minnesota’s most respected social service agencies. Help us #RedefineAbility. Openings Minds. Changing Lives. Together.
Position Title: Life Skills Instructor Float
Hours: Monday-Friday; 7:30am-3:30pm
Location: This person will float between our Koch Campus in Minnetonka and our Golden Opportunities Campus in Eden Prairie (about 5 minutes apart)
Purpose: As an Instructor at our day program, you will develop and deliver curriculum for a group of adults with developmental disabilities. Curriculum may include self advocacy, communication, job skills development, cooking, recreation – the possibilities are virtually endless. You will also supervise participants in community education and inclusion activities.
- Support all Life Skills Instructors so that there is consistency in daily curriculums
- Teach classes when instructors are absent
- Plan and implement meaningful classes that are geared towards increasing independence in vocational and daily living skills
- Make sure classes are being taught in a safe manner and that community integration is occurring
- Participate as a team member so that services are facilitated and that regulatory and licensing requirements are met
- Documenting goals and objective progress on a daily basis; providing feedback
- Assessing skills and recommending programming for the people we serve
- Participate in planning meetings
- Reporting attendance
- Developing and implementing curriculum based lesson plans for persons served goals, keeping in mind individual needs and vulnerabilities
- Engaging in development activities so that services offered are up-to-date
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Education or training in the rehabilitation field preferred
- Valid driver’s license and proof of valid motor vehicle insurance
Other skills we look for:
- Ability to work independently in the office and community settings.
- The ability to instruct others.
- The ability to perform within a team framework.
- Knowledge of brain injury, preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work independently within a defined set of policies, procedures and guidelines
- Working knowledge or ability to learn behavior management techniques.
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to manage challenging behaviors in the office and community settings.
- Innovative and creative abilities
Why Opportunity Partners?:
Join our award-winning team where you’ll do life-changing work! As part of a mission-focused nonprofit that values impact, choice, heart and partnership in our community, we will train you for success! As an OP employee, you will earn more than just a paycheck. You will get the chance to make a big impact on your community, while also getting some great perks including:
- Competitive benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid time off, as well as paid and floating holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- Retirement savings
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee discounts
- Wellness programs
- Casual dress
- Bring your pet to the office (depending on location)!
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Paid on the job training and orientation
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
Opportunity Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and a welcoming work environment for people of diverse communities.Apply Here