Opportunity Partners is a Minnesota non-profit that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities and traumatic brain injuries. We have been loving what we do for 65 years and we serve 2,000 individuals annually! Join the Opportunity Partners team and make a lasting difference in the lives of the people we serve. Earn competitive wages, on the job training, and excellent benefits at one of Minnesota’s most respected social service agencies. Help us #RedefineAbility. Opening Minds. Changing Lives. Together.
Title: Assistant Activities Coordinator
Location: Koch Campus in Minnetonka
Hours: Monday-Friday: 7:45am-3:45pm
Purpose: As the Assistant Activities Coordinator at Opportunity Partners, you will be providing support to our Life Skills Instructors by gathering materials for activities and lessons and assisting in implementing those activities. If you are looking to get your foot in the door in the human services field and are a creative individual who loves to help others, we are looking for you!
- Develop and implement methods of instruction so that services are provided in a safe, feasible, and financially stable manner
- Assist in covering breaks, lunches, van duty, and other assignments to make sure that we have consistent coverage
- Communicate and document client progress and concerns and make recommendations to the service planners on an ongoing basis
- Assist in developing and delivering activities to help persons served reach their goals, keeping in mind their individual needs and vulnerabilities.
- Assist in coordinating and planning program schedules
- Write class descriptions and curriculum guides
- Procure supplies and equipment within budget
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Education or training in the rehabilitation field preferred
Other skills we look for:
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexibility and reliability
- Ability to work under pressure and react quickly in emergency situations
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities and similar conditions
- Organizational and planning skills
- Innovative and creative abilities
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Average ability to utilize computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Why Opportunity Partners?:
Join our award-winning team where you’ll do life-changing work! As part of a mission-focused nonprofit that values impact, choice, heart and partnership in our community, we will train you for success! As an OP employee, you will earn more than just a paycheck. You will get the chance to make a big impact on your community, while also getting some great perks including:
- Competitive benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid time off, as well as paid and floating holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- Retirement savings
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee discounts
- Wellness programs
- Casual dress
- Bring your pet to the office (depending on location)!
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Paid on the job training and orientation
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
Opportunity Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and a welcoming work environment for people of diverse communities.Apply Here!