May 20, 2021
- Health/Safety Protocol: As you know, there have been recent changes in mask requirements at the federal and state level. At OP, we must await any new guidance from state health officials for disability service organizations. At this time, we are still following the protocols that have been in place over the last year, including wearing facial coverings and practicing social distancing. Safety remains our priority!
- OP Service Capacity: We are aware that we have not been able to accommodate everyone who wants to return to day services. We know this is frustrating for those eagerly waiting to come back after so much time away. Initially, we needed to abide by capacity limits set by the state. Although some of the capacity limits have lifted, we continue to be hampered by staffing challenges and transportation limits. If you want to return to services but haven’t yet been in touch with us, please call 952-930-4202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know or have your questions answered.
- Staffing: We are working very hard to hire more staff so we can bring more people back to services. A number of factors have impacted our ability to bring back or hire new staff, an issue not unique to OP, but one that is impacting our entire sector. Some team members moved on to other jobs during the service shutdown last summer. Inconsistent school schedules and limited daycare options impact some staff’s ability to return to work. Being short staffed limits our ability to bring more people back to services. Some actions we have taken to solve this issue include:
- Hiring a full-time team member to lead our recruitment efforts.
- Increasing the starting wages of our Direct Support Professionals.
- Investing in new marketing strategies to promote our open positions.
- Hosting vaccine clinics for staff, to ensure anyone who wants a vaccine can easily get one.
If you know anyone looking for a direct care job in our sector, please contact us and we will work to find a position that fits!
- Transportation: Our transportation providers are also wrestling with staffing challenges, mask requirements for riders, and vehicle capacity limits – this is slowing our return to full services as well.
- Update from February 22, 2021
- Update from November 18, 2020
- Update from September 23, 2020
- Update from August, 18, 2020
- Update from July 14, 2020
- Update from June 24, 2020
- Update from May 18, 2020
- Update from May 1, 2020
- Update from April 8, 2020
- Update from March 31, 2020
- Update from March 26, 2020
- Update from March 16, 2020
- Update from March 15, 2020
- Update from March 13, 2020
- Update from March 6, 2020
If you would like to learn more about COVID-19, please see the following web sites:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Minnesota Department of Health: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html
As always, if you have questions please contact your OP representative or email email@example.com. Thank you!