July 14, 2020
We’re making progress! Thank you to everyone who reached out to their legislators over the last few days. They’ve heard how important people with disabilities are to you and how much you value the services Opportunity Partners provides. On-site Day Services are now open to more people with disabilities, regardless of their living arrangement. There have been several media stories about these changes; here is one. We are encouraged at the positive momentum to ensure choices are available to all people.
Despite these developments, there are still a number of restrictions that limit getting back to where we were before COVID-19.
- The state has enacted three-hour daily time limits for services.
- There are also limits of no more than 50 people (including people served and staff) per building.
- These restrictions mean we can start working now to resume approximately 13 percent of the on-site services we were able to provide prior to the pandemic.
- As restrictions continue to ease, we look forward to seeing and serving everyone again.
- Currently, OP staff are reaching out to persons served, families and guardians to determine individual service needs and choices among the service options available now and in the future.
- All persons with disabilities have the right to make an informed choice about their activities and work.
- Those who join us will need to meet our health and safety guidelines, including wearing masks at all times. Read our preparedness plan.
We are so humbled by your enthusiasm to support our work and help us advocate for our community. Please stay tuned as we move forward in the coming weeks.
If you have Service questions at this time, please contact email@example.com or leave a message at 952-938-5511. Thank you!
All our best!
- Update from June 24, 2020
- Update from May 18, 2020
- Update from May 1, 2020
- Update from April 8, 2020
- Update from March 31, 2020
- Update from March 26, 2020
- Update from March 16, 2020
- Update from March 15, 2020
- Update from March 13, 2020
- Update from March 6, 2020
If you would like to learn more about COVID-19, please see the following web sites:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Minnesota Department of Health: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html
As always, if you have questions please contact your OP representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!