May 18, 2020
We hope you are all staying safe and healthy during these challenging times. We know many of you are wondering when Opportunity Partners’ day programs will be open again. We look forward to resuming our operations and inviting folks back again – we can’t wait to see you!
Although Minnesota’s stay-at-home orders have lifted, disability day programs must receive approval from the Minnesota Department of Human Services before we can reopen. While we await this approval, we are actively working on our reopen plans to prepare for the smooth return of people served and staff in the near future, including developing extensive health, safety and training procedures.
- We are planning a phased reopening of our day programs. This means that not everyone will be able to come back at one time. We have not announced a reopen date.
- Not all OP sites will open at once. Koch Campus and Asplin Center will be the first to begin to open, but even these sites will open gradually to small groups of individuals to start. Individuals who aren’t typically served at Koch or Asplin may be invited to attend there at first.
- OP staff have begun reaching out to individuals and teams by email or phone about your interest and ability to return to OP and to adapt to our new health and safety plans and procedures. People who have not yet heard from us that are interested in returning to OP should reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-930-4202 so we can start to compile a phase two list of people to return to services.
- We are planning for services that will look different than before in terms of health monitoring, social distancing, wearing masks, restricting visitors, limiting movement between activities, frequent hand washing, increasing cleaning schedules, and other changes that will keep us all safer. We will have training for staff and persons served so everyone will know what to do.
- We will need everyone’s help in supporting and following all required procedures so we can offer a safe and enjoyable experience in our programs. We are all in this together!
View our COVID-19 prevention summary here. All other updates will be posted to this page. Note our procedures will be modified as needed with the health and safety of persons served and staff as our top priority. To request a printed copy of our COVID-19 prevention and response plan be mailed to you, please email email@example.com to request one.
If you do not currently receive emails from OP and would like to, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our distribution list. If you have any questions, please leave a message at our main phone line at 952-938-5511. Limited program staff are working at this time, so please do not call staff members directly as this may delay a response.
Thank you, please stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you again.
- Update from May 1, 2020
- Update from April 8, 2020
- Update from March 31, 2020
- Update from March 26, 2020
- Update from March 16, 2020
- Update from March 15, 2020
- Update from March 13, 2020
- Update from March 6, 2020
If you would like to learn more about COVID-19, please see the following web sites:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Minnesota Department of Health: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html
As always, if you have questions please contact your OP representative or email email@example.com. Thank you!