November 18, 2020
As we approach the holiday season, we want to provide you with our latest updates related to OP services, and make you aware of some recent enhancements we have made with health and safety top of mind.
- A reminder that OP day locations are closed on Thanksgiving and the day after – November 26 and 27. Some community Supported Employment Teams may be operating, so check in with your OP staff for more details.
- We’ve added new filtration systems to our day facilities and are in the process of installing systems in our OP vehicles as well, all in an effort to keep our air as clean as possible. On site, we continue to socially distance, stay vigilant on cleaning protocols, and always wear our masks.
- We have not had any spread of the COVID virus in our facilities. This is thanks to you in following the health guidelines in avoiding gatherings, wearing face coverings, and washing hands. As a reminder, if you or someone in your home is feeling sick, be sure to stay home! Please follow your medical provider’s advice on getting tested and/or isolating if you have been exposed to COVID or have any symptoms.
- Our Asplin, Bren, Karlins and Koch Campus locations continue to operate under limited capacities at this time. We will follow the guidelines of the Minnesota Departments of Health and Human Services, and continue to stay in close contact with our disability trade associations to make sure we are up to date on the latest information. Through it all, we’re so proud of our staff and persons served who are working hard to comply with all health and safety protocols in order to be able to be together in services again.
- Our popular virtual services have continued to be a great option for many individuals. We have now increased capacity to provide virtual services to more people. If that is something you are interested in, please leave a message at 952-938-5511 or email us at email@example.com to learn more or if you have any service-related questions.
- OP’s group homes, apartments, and community living programs continue to ensure people we serve are staying safe and happy at home. And our vocational programs continue to help people have the supports they need to succeed in their community jobs.
President & CEO Bill Schultz was featured recently on the Legacy Builders podcast; you can listen to their conversation about Bill’s transition from for-profit leadership to nonprofit impact at LegacyBuildersINTL.com. He had the chance to share about the amazing people we serve and their families!
Thank you to our OP families and friends who have remained patient and supportive throughout the uncertainty of the pandemic, as well as our dedicated team members who have kept everything running smoothly. Again, please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Thanks again for your ongoing support, and please stay well!
- Update from September 23, 2020
- Update from August, 18, 2020
- Update from July 14, 2020
- Update from June 24, 2020
- Update from May 18, 2020
- Update from May 1, 2020
- Update from April 8, 2020
- Update from March 31, 2020
- Update from March 26, 2020
- Update from March 16, 2020
- Update from March 15, 2020
- Update from March 13, 2020
- Update from March 6, 2020
If you would like to learn more about COVID-19, please see the following web sites:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Minnesota Department of Health: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html
As always, if you have questions please contact your OP representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!