SILS Specialist, Anoka County
Join Our Staff!
Join the Opportunity Partners team and make a difference in the lives of people with different abilities. Earn competitive wages and excellent benefits at one of Minnesota’s most respected social service agencies. Together, we can prove that everyone, when given the opportunity, adds value to our world.
Opportunity Partners supports choices for people with disabilities through innovative services and strategic collaborations, assisting those we serve to live, learn and work – adding value to their lives and communities.
The purpose of this position is to provide support and training services to the participant in his/her environment and to promote the individual’s development towards near or total independence in the community.
- Instructs participants in all necessary areas of daily living so that participants experience growth, self-management, and independence to the greatest extent possible.
- Facilitates IDT meetings, reviews outcomes with person and case manager and other team members quarterly, and maintains communication through oral and written reports.
- Assists new and transitioning participants with moves in the community and assures immediate needs are met.
- Maintains records for each person including the relevant data as specified in Consolidated Standards.
- Continues ongoing educational training as to render quality services and gain knowledge of new ideas and concepts in the field.
- Knowledge customarily acquired through formal education resulting in a two year degree, preferably in social services, plus 2-3 years of experience in a social service field
- Communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to relate to persons with developmental disabilities
- Knowledge of community resources
- Self directed
- Ability to organize, patience and person centered interaction style
- Valid driver’s license and ability to operate a company vehicle or transport people in employee’s own vehicle
- Must show proof of valid motor vehicle insurance
- Working knowledge in computer skills – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Organizational skills including time management
- Problem solving
- Listening skills