Residential Instructor – Coon Rapids
Join Our Staff!
Join the Opportunity Partners team and make a difference in the lives of people with different abilities. Earn competitive wages and excellent benefits at one of Minnesota’s most respected social service agencies. Together, we can prove that everyone, when given the opportunity, adds value to our world.
Opportunity Partners supports choices for people with disabilities through innovative services and strategic collaborations, assisting those we serve to live, learn and work – adding value to their lives and communities.
The purpose of this position is to develop and implement services to people in a supportive household and community environment.
Instructs people in all necessary areas of daily living so people experience growth, self-management, and independence to the greatest extent possible. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Instructing people in all areas of personal care
- Training people in personal safety
- Assisting people in personal adjustment
- Assisting people in developing skills in the use of leisure time
- Instructing people in nutrition
Assesses needs, develops objectives, and implements program plans so each person can realize his or her maximum potential. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Determining skill level and needs
- Setting goals and reviewing progress
Participates as a supportive member of the household and interdisciplinary teams to ensure good communication prevails and services are provided in a thorough and consistent manner.
Fulfills requirements of staff development. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Completing orientation program
- Completing medication administration courses
- Demonstrating knowledge of house rules and procedure
- Knowledge customarily acquired through post high school education; minimally a GED required: experience in the field may be substituted for education.
- Communication skills, both oral and written.
- Organizational skills.
- Instructing skills.
- The ability to perform within a team framework.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to operate a company vehicle or transport people in employee’s own vehicle.
- Must show proof of valid motor vehicle insurance
- Working knowledge or ability to learn behavior management techniques.
- Ability to work independently within a defined set of policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Basic computer skills.