Youth Transition Services
Opportunity Partners Youth Transition Services is able to provide employment opportunities to transition students in two different settings:
1. Students who may require more direct supervision may be placed in our non-community based pre-vocational production floor where they will work on light assembly and packaging jobs. Wages are based on a time study that measures productivity value.
2. Students who are more independent may be placed on a Supported Employment Team (SET) and work in a community-based supervised setting.
- Must have an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) with support assessment information documenting the need for services.
- Diagnosis of disability, with accompanying documentation.
- Demonstrates independence in self-help skills including eating, mobility and medication.
- Must meet and complete the intake/screening process.
A meeting will be scheduled by Youth Transitions Services and school staff to observe the participant in a classroom setting and to determine eligibility for the program. Placement options will be discussed during the intake process.
- Necessary paperwork and signatures will be completed.
- A determination will be made as to which setting is most appropriate for the referred individual.
Youth Transition Locations
Manager – Youth Services