Skills Training Through Certified Learning Platforms
Certified Learning Platforms (CLPs) is a skills training program that focuses on teaching people the kind of basic, advanced and specialized work skills that are in demand by community employers. Graduates of our programs receive Dunwoody Custom Training-Opportunity Partners joint certificates of completion. Graduates of the REDI Retail program receive a Walgreens certificate.
All of our programs are designed around existing community job positions and employer needs that are researched and developed into course curriculum. Collaborating with Dunwoody’s Custom Training Department ensures that students develop professional-level skill sets that help them find and secure jobs. Collaborating with Dunwoody’s Workforce Training & College of Continuing Education ensures that students have every opportunity to develop professional-level skill sets that help them find jobs.
For work-ready individuals referred through VRS, graduates are eligible for a one-time, 45-day free job placement service. Graduates also have the option of becoming enrolled in an Extended Employment Program for long-term job support.
At Opportunity Partners, we offer the following skills training programs to choose from:
- Office Assistant
- Professional Cleaning
- REDI Retail (Walgreens Training)
- Network Support Professional
- Diagnosis of disability with accompanying documentation.
- Adequate funding source via state vocational rehabilitation, vocational services, county or private subsidies.
- Independence in self-help skills including eating, mobility and medication.
- Completion of screening/intake process.
- Because we provide on-the-job training, candidate must provide social security card and state identification documentation at time of intake.
- Necessary paperwork and signatures will be completed at intake but can be completed prior if requested.
All CLP classes are developed for delivery to developmentally disabled people and offer hands-on skills training.
All CLP curriculum is developed for delivery to developmentally disabled people.
Class size is small at 3-5 students per class, which allows for more individualized one-on-one training, faster completion and a high graduation rate.