Opportunity Partners is a Minnesota non-profit that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities. We have been loving what we do for over 60 years and we now serve over 2,000 individuals! Join the Opportunity Partners team and make a difference in the lives of people with different abilities. Earn competitive wages, on the job training, and excellent benefits at one of Minnesota’s most respected social service agencies. Together, we can prove that everyone, when given the opportunity, adds value to our world.
Title: Work Skills Instructor
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday: 12:30pm-8:30pm (Part Time)
Purpose: As a Work Skills Instructor at Opportunity Partners, you will be assisting and supervising a group of adults with developmental disabilities that are assigned to a production line. You will ensure that production is completed on time and to the specifications set by the customer and/or Opportunity Partners.
- Supervise an assembly or kitting line where a group of adults with disabilities complete jobs for different clients
- Ensure that production flows smoothly and quality is maintained
- Verify that adequate materials are available
- Inspect quality
- Fill in for persons served during short absences
- Get to know each person’s skills and abilities and match them to appropriate tasks
- Teach techniques through modeling, verbal instruction, and demonstration
- Suggest and implement goals for persons served so that they work on skills that will enable them to meet their highest work performance potential
- Monitor and report production rates and work speeds of those served in our program
- Maintain safe and orderly work area
- Assist with creation and implementation of downtime activities to maintain skills levels of persons served
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Workshop or factory production experience preferred
- Communication skills, both written and oral, in English
- The ability to understand and effectively use the Foundations interaction style with program participants, interdisciplinary team members, coworkers, supervisors, and other internal and external customers
- Mechanical skills and understanding of equipment operations
- Basic mathematical skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to supervise the work of others
- Detail oriented
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people
- Ability to understand the abilities and limitations of population
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
Why Opportunity Partners?:
Join our award-winning team where you’ll do life-changing work! As part of a mission-focused nonprofit that values impact, choice, heart and partnership in our community, we will train you for success!
- Competitive benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance (for Full time employees)
- Paid time off
- Paid and floating holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement savings
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee discounts
- Wellness programs
- On the job training
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
Opportunity Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and a welcoming work environment for people of diverse communities.Apply Here!