Opportunity Partners is a Minnesota non-profit that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities. We have been loving what we do for over 60 years and we now serve over 2,000 individuals! Join the Opportunity Partners team and make a difference in the lives of people with different abilities. Earn competitive wages, on the job training, and excellent benefits at one of Minnesota’s most respected social service agencies. Together, we can prove that everyone, when given the opportunity, adds value to our world.
Position Title: Support Instructor
Location: We currently have openings in Anoka, Eden Prairie, and Mendota Heights. Hours listed below!
Purpose: As a Support Instructor, you will provide general assistance to a group of adults with developmental disabilities. Duties may include escorting individuals throughout the building as needed, such as to and from classes, during meal times, and to and from the front entrance during pick up and drop off times. Additional duties include responding to requests to help people with personal cares including in the restroom, administering medications, and completing attendance.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and ability to operate a company vehicle.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of disability populations preferred
- Communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to develop ideas and innovative approaches.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Confident in self, knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to relate to a wide variety of people.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional rapport with a variety of people.
- Knowledge of issues facing senior citizens.
Why Opportunity Partners?:
Join our award-winning team where you’ll do life-changing work! As part of a mission-focused nonprofit that values impact, choice, heart and partnership in our community, we will train you for success!
- Competitive benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid and floating holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement savings
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee discounts
- Wellness programs
- Bring your pet to the office (depending on location)!
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Paid on the job training and orientation
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
Opportunity Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and a welcoming work environment for people of diverse communities.Apply Here!