Opportunity Partners is a Minnesota non-profit that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities and traumatic brain injuries. We have been loving what we do for over 60 years and we now serve over 2,000 individuals! Join the Opportunity Partners team and make a lasting difference in the lives of the people we serve. Earn competitive wages, on the job training, and excellent benefits at one of Minnesota’s most respected social service agencies. Together, we can prove that everyone, when given the opportunity, adds value to our world!
Position Title: Learning Options Instructor
Hours: M-F; Full Time
Locations: We have multiple openings throughout the Twin Cities including: Eden Prairie, Plymouth, Minnetonka, and Anoka! Some of these openings are float positions (working at multiple locations).
Wage: $12.20/hr and up (depending on location)
Purpose: Opportunity Partners is looking for Learning Options Instructors! As an Instructor at our day program, you will develop and deliver curriculum for a group of adults with developmental disabilities. Curriculum may include self advocacy, communication, job skills development, cooking, recreation – the possibilities are virtually endless! You will also supervise participants in community education and inclusion activities. If you are an enthusiastic and creative individual who has a passion for helping others, we are looking for you!
Educational and Licensing Requirements:
- Knowledge customarily acquired through formal education resulting in a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of valid motor vehicle insurance.
- Education or training in the rehabilitation field preferred.
- Ability to work independently in the office and community settings.
- The ability to instruct others.
- The ability to perform within a team framework.
- Knowledge of brain injury, preferred.
- Basic computer skills (experience with Microsoft programs: Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to work independently within a defined set of policies, procedures and guidelines
- Working knowledge or ability to learn behavior management techniques.
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to manage challenging behaviors in the office and community settings.
Why Opportunity Partners?:
Join our award-winning team where you’ll do life-changing work! As part of a mission-focused nonprofit that values impact, choice, heart and partnership in our community, we will train you for success!
- Competitive benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid and floating holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement savings
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee discounts
- Wellness programs
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Paid on the job training and orientation
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
Opportunity Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and a welcoming work environment for people of diverse communities.Apply Here