Opportunity Partners is a Minnesota non-profit that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities. We have been loving what we do for over 60 years and we now serve over 2,000 individuals! Join the Opportunity Partners team and make a lasting difference in the lives of the people we serve. Earn competitive wages, on the job training, and excellent benefits at one of Minnesota’s most respected social service agencies. Together, we can prove that everyone, when given the opportunity, adds value to our world.
ition: Employment Coordinator
Location: This position is located at our Pilot Knob Service Center in Mendota Heights.
Hours: Monday and Friday: 7:30am-3:30pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday: 11:30am-7:30pm
Opportunity Partners is looking for an Employment Coordinator who will help us plan, manage, and design individualized service programs for people choosing services from Opportunity Partners. You will assist and supervise people with disabilities to ensure quality program services are provided and production is completed on time and to the specifications set by the customer and/or Opportunity Partners. You will also manage annual participant assessments and reviews and determine a course of action, and assure compliance with regulatory reporting requirement.
- Manage the provision of rehabilitation services so that people are able to accomplish or maintain their goals
- Control the work flow on the lines so that production flows smoothly and quality is maintained
- Instruct and assist people with disabilities served in the program so that they understand how to perform the work
- Develop an assessment and appraisal of the person’s performance in the program and progress on their identified goals
- Assure program continuity by completing ongoing procedures and operations within Opportunity Partners
- Provide transportation to people served in the program with Opportunity Partners’ vehicle or, if necessary, with personal vehicle
- Facilitate meetings so that all Interdisciplinary team members are informed regarding the progress of the person, and gather feedback and information to revise plans to optimize progress
- Monitor equipment and supplies so that repairs are made or reported and supplies and parts are accounted for
- Participate in training and development activities so that new ideas and/or concepts can be implemented into the program and required training completed
What you bring to the team:
- Designated Coordinator status, which met through one of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to human services, and 1 year of full-time work experience providing direct care to people with disabilities or people age 65+
- An associate’s degree in a field related to human services, and 2 years of full-time work experience providing direct care to people with disabilities or people age 65+
- A diploma in a field related to human services from an accredited post-secondary institution, and 3 years of full-time work experience providing direct care to people with disabilities or people age 65+
- A minimum of 50 hours of education and training related to human services and disabilities, and 4 years or full-time work experience providing direct care services to people with disabilities or people age 65+ under the supervision of a staff person who meets the qualifications identified above
- Knowledge of disability populations including brain injury, developmental disabilities, and mental illnesses
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- Organizational planning abilities
- knowledge of behavior theories
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of social service and vocational rehabilitation systems
- Ability to develop ideas and innovative approaches
- Ability to operate a computer (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Valid driver’s license and ability to operate a company vehicle or transport clients in one’s own vehicle
- Desire to be creative
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional rapport with a variety of people
Why Opportunity Partners?:
Join our award-winning team where you’ll do life-changing work! As part of a mission-focused nonprofit that values impact, choice, heart and partnership in our community, we will train you for success!
- Competitive benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid and floating holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement savings
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee discounts
- Wellness programs
- Bring your pet to the office (depending on location)!
- Paid on the job training and orientation
- Career growth and development opportunities
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
Opportunity Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and a welcoming work environment for people of diverse communities.Apply Here!