Opportunity Partners is a Minnesota non-profit that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities and traumatic brain injuries. We have been loving what we do for over 60 years and we now serve over 2,000 individuals! Join the Opportunity Partners team and make a lasting difference in the lives of the people we serve. Earn competitive wages, on the job training, and excellent benefits at one of Minnesota’s most respected social service agencies. Together, we can prove that everyone, when given the opportunity, adds value to our world.
Position Title: Brain Injury Float Instructor
Hours: Part Time; Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday- 10:00am-3:00pm; Tuesday- 7:45am-3:00pm
As a Float Instructor, you will aid in providing consistency of staffing throughout the Brain Injury Department and deliver curriculum for a group of adults in the program. Instruction may include topics such as self-advocacy, communication, job skills development, cooking, recreation – the possibilities are virtually endless. You will also supervise participants in community education and inclusion activities.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of valid motor vehicle insurance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of brain injury, preferred.
- Ability to work independently in the office and community settings.
- Ability to manage challenging behaviors in the office and community settings.
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- The ability to instruct others
- Organizational skills
- The ability to perform within a team framework.
- Working knowledge or ability to learn behavior management techniques.
- Ability to work independently within a defined set of policies, procedures and guidelines
- Basic computer skills
Why Opportunity Partners?:
Join our award-winning team where you’ll do life-changing work! As part of a mission-focused nonprofit that values impact, choice, heart and partnership in our community, we will train you for success!
- Competitive benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid and floating holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement savings
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee discounts
- Wellness programs
- Bring your pet to the office (depending on location)!
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Paid on the job training and orientation
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
Opportunity Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and a welcoming work environment for people of diverse communities.Apply Here!