Opportunity Partners is a Minnesota non-profit that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities. We have been loving what we do for over 60 years and we now serve over 2,000 individuals! Join the Opportunity Partners team and make a lasting difference in the lives of the people we serve. Earn competitive wages, on the job training, and excellent benefits at one of Minnesota’s most respected social service agencies. Together, we can prove that everyone, when given the opportunity, adds value to our world.
Position: Assistant Program Manager
Location: This position is located at our Bryant and Girard group homes in Richfield.
Hours: Monday-Friday: 10:00am-6:00pm
Opportunity Partners is looking for an Assistant Program Manager at our Bryant House and Girard House in Richfield! Are you looking for a position that makes you feel proud of what you do? Are you a compassionate, hardworking, and patient individual who has a drive to help others? Then we are looking for you! As an APM, you will provide supervisory support to our staff and direct care services to the residents in our group home. You will also ensure that expectations of the people and Opportunity Partners standards are maintained.
- Assisting the residents in all areas of daily living, while encouraging independence and community inclusion
- Helping with grooming, hygiene, social skills, medication administration, and other activities as needed
- Providing support to the Program Manager so that services are consistently provided
- Assisting with scheduling
- Helping with employee reviews
- Making sure policies and procedures are being followed at all times
- Participating in individual program planning with each resident
- Assisting in developing and attaining their personal life goals
- Helping with the training of staff so that they learn and maintain the skills necessary to perform their jobs well
- Supervising the physical environment so that resident and staff safety is ensured
Education and Licensing Requirements:
- Two years of college required. Two years of work experience in the field may substitute college education.
- Driver’s License required. Must also show proof of valid motor vehicle insurance upon employment.
- Ability to operate a company vehicle or transport clients in one’s own vehicle.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to relate to individuals with disabilities
- Knowledge of basic medical care procedures and terminology
- Leadership skills that promote and direct good team work
- Ability to operate office equipment including work application of Microsoft Word and e-mail.
- Basic knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements and standards
- Basic knowledge of fiscal management
- Ability to respond to unexpected situations
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
Why Opportunity Partners?:
Join our award-winning team where you’ll do life-changing work! As part of a mission-focused nonprofit that values impact, choice, heart and partnership in our community, we will train you for success!
- Competitive benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid and floating holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement savings
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee discounts
- Wellness programs
- Bring your pet to work (depending on location)!
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Paid on the job training and orientation
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
Opportunity Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and a welcoming work environment for people of diverse communities.Apply Here!