Opportunity Partners is a Minnesota non-profit that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities and traumatic brain injuries. We have been loving what we do for over 60 years and we now serve over 2,000 individuals! Join the Opportunity Partners team and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve. Earn competitive wages, on the job training, and excellent benefits at one of Minnesota’s most respected social service agencies. Together, we can prove that everyone, when given the opportunity, adds value to our world.
Position: Assistant Program Manager II
Wage: $16.41 per hour
Purpose: As an Assistant Program Manager at Opportunity Partners, you will provide supervisory support to the Program Manager and act as a direct supervisor to staff so that services are consistently provided and a positive image of Opportunity Partners prevails. Duties may include, but are not limited to: a) scheduling of personnel; b) complying with Opportunity Partners’ policies and procedures; c) maintaining open and effective communication with personnel and employer to ensure employer’s satisfaction; d) acting as a liaison with neighbors; and e) assisting in personnel training; f) completing staff evaluations in conjunction with Program Manager; and g) assisting Program Manager with admission process.
- Designated Coordinator status is required, and must be met through one of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to human services and one year of related full time work experience, OR
- an Associate’s degree in a field related to human services, and two years of related work experience OR
- a diploma in a field related to human services from an accredited postsecondary institution and three years of related full-time work experience OR
- a minimum of 50 hours of education and training related to human services and disabilities AND four years of related full-time work experience under the supervision of a staff person who meets the bachelor’s or associate’s standards.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of valid auto insurance
Other skills we look for:
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to relate with individuals with disabilities
- Knowledge of economic assistance programs and community resources
- Good at multi-tasking
- Organizational skills, stamina, patience and person centered interaction focus
- Leadership skills that promote good teamwork
- Ability to respond to unexpected situations effectively
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Good computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Time management skills and the ability to meet multiple deadlines
Why Work for Opportunity Partners?:
Join our award-winning team where you’ll do life-changing work! As part of a mission-focused nonprofit that values impact, choice, heart and partnership in our community, we will train you for success! As an OP employee, you will earn more than just a paycheck. You will get the chance to make a big impact on your community, while also getting some great perks including:
- Competitive benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid and floating holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement savings
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee discounts
- Wellness programs
- Bring your pet to the office (depending on location)!
- Casual dress
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Paid on the job training and orientation
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
Opportunity Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and a welcoming work environment for people of diverse communities.Apply Here!